1. Plan B: access when needed to an alternative or backup product which overcomes limitations in the original, puts right an emergency (I’ve run out! It’s broken! It’s lost!), addresses a common pain point, and more. (ex: BMW i3, Ebay & Argos)
2. Face-to-face interaction with their customer service representatives (ex: Amazon Mayday button, Fiat Live Store, Esurance)
3. Smart brands will see delivery as so much more than functional.
4. Sixth sense: consumers in physical spaces will increasingly expect the use of real-time data to shape and enhance the service they receive.
5. Smart brands will realize that it’s often other consumers who have the greatest impact on customer experience – good or bad (ex: MTS India).